Advice please, battery drain

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Brian Knowles, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Brian Knowles

Brian Knowles Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hello,

I am new to Copens having bought an 09 1.3l in September this year. Great car love it.

It is a second car and not used daily but often. Up until last week I had no problem with it. However, whilst cleaning the car I had the radio on and after an hour went to start it up but the battery had drained enough not to be able to turn the engine over. As I am new to Copens and the size of the battery I thought It may be understandable so charged the battery fully. Two days later I went to start the car which had not been used and the battery was not able to turn the engine again. This is the first time this has happened since I had it. It has become a thing with the battery draining over two days.

I then turned to this forum and see it seems to be ‘a thing’ with some Copens and read around it and all the advice here. I have had the battery tested and it is good. I have tested the draw on the battery with the car at rest and it is 30mA.

My questions are; is 30mA an acceptable draw, (assuming clock and radio memory are causing it)?
    Has anyone ever identified a common problem that causes it in all Copens.

Thanks all

Brian.

2. Salieri

Salieri Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    Used to have a White Copen, but I sold it in 2023
    30ma seems to be OK. Maybe the battery is broken after all?