Active roof/boot scare!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pikachu, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Pikachu

Pikachu Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Yellow '53 reg Copen!
    The noble little Yellow Peril has just completed a round trip to Orkney - a grand total of over 1,500 miles. That's her due for another service, then...! And the only problem we had in the whole holiday was when we stupidly put something a bit too big under the sheet that pulls across in the boot before you fold the roof. The roof duly folded, but as soon as I pressed the boot release, there was a very loud "PONK!" noise, and the whole boot sat right up so it was all about six inches in the air... :-((

It took us about an hour of reading the manual, chewing our nails, and conversing in the terribly polite, clipped, between-gritted-teeth manner that most married couples will recognise immediately, before there was a click and a familiar electronic noise, and all was well again.

The moral of the story is, when the manual tells you not to put anything too big under the cover, it MEANS it!!

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Oops.

Best go and remove that washing machine from under my cover ;)

Glad it all worked out in the end!

3. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

Glad it worked out for you Pikachu and thanks for letting us know.

I've been tempted to put stuff in that little area but I'll be more careful about it now.

M.