A new squeak problem behind headrest.

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by quickbrownfox, May 2, 2013.

1. quickbrownfox

quickbrownfox Copenworld Newbie

Hello everyone. It's been a while since my last post, but I hope you won't hold that against me!

I have a squeaking problem, which seems to be coming from behind the passenger seat.
    I think it might be something to do with the pot holes and generally poor condition of the roads that we copen drivers feel more than most.

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if so, any idea of a fix?

Cheers
    John

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. quickbrownfox

Sorry to update this so quick.
    It's not what I thought it was, just been on a drive.
    It's behind the passenger seat, thumping the back of the bit that goes from the boot replicates the squeak when stationery.

It's driving me mad!

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
  4. quickbrownfox

Yeah, I did a search for squeaking earlier and was reading some of those.
    I just don't know. Trustafox posted a video that was more of a knocking sound than a squeak.
    One helpful thing I discovered is that I should have a tonneau bag, and as a result the tonneau isn't housed properly.
    I hope it's something stupid like that, going to take it out of the boot before I drive home and check the sound.

5. quickbrownfox

Thanks so much everyone. It turns out that it was something to do with the tonneau, but not the tonneau itself.
    The shelf/bottom hooks were squeaking under the weight of it. As there's no bag, and no way to attach it to the yellow hook I think the weight is a little too much and making it squeak. I've taken it out as I never drive far enough to warrant having it attached.

It's funny though, I've loosened the roof catches thinking that they were too tight, moved the seats around, taken everything out of the car!
    Due to silicone the seals over the weekend, so i'll put everything right then.

Thanks again for the invaluable info on the forum, I'd never have thought of the tonneau until I saw that I was missing the bag for it!

6. H. Begthel

H. Begthel Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Turbo 0.7
    Squeaking problem

Hi i think that i have the same squeaking problem. Did you solve your problem? Can you give me the solution? :think: IT makes me crazy too.:mad: