1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a lovely day for driving!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dsb, Nov 10, 2013.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    finally passed my driving test on Tuesday - 4th time, first 3 failed on silly things (like signalling right when turning right in a situation where a right turn was the only turn I could do).
    so yesterday went off for a drive in the rain to oxford, missed my turning and ended up taking a 5 mile detour through windy narrow roads - including single car width bridges with no traffic lights (argh!)
    but today, went for a quick spin in the autumn sunshine with the top down - it was quite simply lovely - knew there was a reason I bought a copen.

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    It is lovely out today. Washed the car & went out for a little trip to...................Tesco's. :(

3. Nightjar

Nightjar Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen Turbo
    Having just washed and wax the car I did not fancy taking to the roads around my house as the council roads department has gritted the roads last night and I cannot be bothered to wash it again. :(

4. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    Congrats! I found back my love for driving after going topless with my Copen. :D

Thought it should be pretty cold now... just finished watching my beloved Spurs lost to Newcastle. :-((

5. Nev

Nev Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    BMW series 1 sport

Daihatsu Copen

Volkswagan polo
    Congrats on passing your D Test & on buying the Copen you refer to. I truly hope you have many years of trouble free and exhilarating driving.

All Good Things,

Nev

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Congratulations! Took me 4 attempts as well - was one point away for failing because I was "too cautious". :-|

7. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    I'm STUCK AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

8. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Yes, Newcastle winning annoyed me as well. Sunderland have just beaten man city though so happiness is restored. :)

9. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Congrats from me too!
    It would have been a perfect day to go topless, but sadly we had to pootle out in the Avensis today to take my daughter and a load of guff back to uni. :eek:

10. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    Congratulations! You will soon get used to windy roads and at least the Copen is small to fit through narrow bridges and in small parking spaces :p

11. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    As long as it is not raining we put the roof down and the heating on full. We have to make the most of any sunshine we get in the UK :mad:

12. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    I remember years back in 1997 when my wife and I were studying in Glasgow and experiencing the seasons for the first time... we tried to wear lesser in Autumn like the locals when the sun finally came out. But we just could not deal with the Scottish cold, we had no choice but to dash back into the house to cover ourselves up again!! :D:D:D