2007 1.3 slight whistle and air intake fixing

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by paul525715, Mar 21, 2011.

1. paul525715

paul525715 Copenworld Newbie

I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help with two little queries.

I've recently acquired a 2007 Copen that whistles ever so slightly when the engine is running. I'm guessing it's the fuel pump but just wanted to check if anyone could shed any light on it. It's very quiet but it can be just about heard in the cabin and also with my head under the chassis (towards the back). The tone and pitch do not vary with revving. The car is running well and pulls fine.

Second query is this... the air intake pipe is not properly connected to the car body. There is a plastic pin / plug that goes through a hole in the metalwork but there is no grommet or rubber lug to hold it in place. Can someone please confirm that all I'm missing is a fancy rubber grommet?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

2. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Hi Paul,

I have a 57 plate 1.3 that has the fuel pump whistle, my understanding is this that with everything so small and tightly packed surtain noises can be amplified.
    I have been assured that everything is normal! If you find out otherwise please do let me know.

With regards to your Air take - from the Air Filter Box moving to the front of the car is a Rubber oval shaped hose that then joins to a black plactic oval shaped tube that is connected the black plastic cross member - plactic beam that holds the coolant bottle, raditor in place. Would suggest from what you have said that this black plastic oval shaped tube is missing?

Hope this helps,

Enjoy
    Lotuseater.

3. paul525715

paul525715 Copenworld Newbie

Took the car in for a quick checkup and you're right about the fuel pump. Nothing to worry about. Totally normal apparently.

The air intake is all intact. It's just the black plastic cross-member "prong" that connects it to the coolant bottle rattles around in the fixing it goes into. I presume it's just missing some kind of grommet. Nothing a little insulating tape didn't fix.

Thanks for the help :D