1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

19000 Up!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Old Badger, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Driving in the beautiful Kent countryside today with Mrs OB when...19000 miles came up on the odometer! Nothing remarkable there, I hear you say, BUT...I've owned MLC since I bought it new in ..........(drumroll) ....May 2004! :eek::eek:Is this a record? Has any Copen on here done less miles?? Note to self: must get out more :D:D:rolleyes:

2. PhillandLin

PhillandLin Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 659cc Turbo 2006 Silver
    Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Titanium 2014 Black
    Good morning you OB. Hope all is good?

Well, I'm fairly certain that you're the only one to have owned their Copen since new :) Hope there's been plenty of services during the 11 years?

Currently, Buzz has 6560 miles on him, which is the least mileage Ive seen, but I'm sure that someone will have one at less than this.

I bought him in August 2013 with 4400 on the clock and 3 full main dealer services in the book. I added another service in September 2013 just for my own peace of mind.

Don't know what sort of mileage we'll add during our forthcoming trip to Snowdonia. At least 500 I would think :(

Cheers!

Phill and Lin and Buzz.

3. magsjm

magsjm Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    COPEN & KIA SORENTO
    The other end of the scale

Hi, My car is the polar opposite, I have just racked up 103,000 miles and still going strong, turning heads and making me smile:)

4. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V

So Buzz is 8 years old and only 6560 miles?? Wow he's not even run in yet! The trip to Wales will do him a power of good. You and Lin might enjoy it too! and yes, MLC has had plenty of services and oil changes over the years. Mind you, looking at the MOT certificate reveals that MLC only covered 89 miles between 2011 and 2012. That was the saddest time in his life when he was sitting out on the drive, leaking water, unloved, roof not working.....:(:( but now he's back in fine form! :D:D

5. Old Badger

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Very impressive! They are beautifully engineered aren!t they? Are you still on the original turbo?

6. Redliz

Redliz Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    55 Red Vivid Copen 0.7, nissan micra
    Hi Old Badger, I've an 55 plate Copen. I bought Rosie in Sep 2014 with just over 31000 miles on the clock, since then I have done just over 2000 miles in it.
    Liz

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  7. magsjm

magsjm Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    COPEN & KIA SORENTO
    I have no way of knowing I have only owned her for two years, I have replaced the first lambda sensor following the engine check light warning me of a problem, other than that I have had no trouble at all despite driving her throughout the year, with the roof down at every chance I get. I knew of the possibilty of turbo failure when I bought her so have a reconditioned unit boxed up in my garage just in case.
    In fact I have a cat D copen with 43000 miles on the clock sitting in the garage which was purchased for spares but have never removed a single part from it, I just start it regularly and drive it in & out of the garage, I have now gathered together all the bits needed to put it back on the road as soon as the weather permits, thinking of maybe having a vinyl wrap in a loud colour similar to a Pandora Copen, just secured a full set of mini lites for it.

Hope to have many more miles of fun and smiles.:):)

8. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    That's very impressive, Badger - you've been very abstemious in using MLC in all those years! When I met Neville back in 2013 he already had 18.5K on the clock and I added another 3K in the first year, so he's a deal younger than MLC but already has more miles under his belt.

Great to see so many 'young-old' Copens on here! :D

9. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

my copen is currently at 18700 miles reg'ed july 2004 i bought back in sept 2012 then it had 17500 miles and i paid £2100 for it :D

10. quibbles

quibbles Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2008 Copen and an Avensis
    Nobby was 4 years old when we bought him and had done just under 7000, with one owner and full services.

11. YAK

YAK Copenworld Newbie

I have a 58 eight plate from new, just clocked 9000 miles. Serviced every year, wheels rotated etc......