1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.3 or 660cc ???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by crippsacars, Feb 3, 2010.

1. crippsacars

crippsacars Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    MR2
    mazda mx5
    rover brm
    mg zs
    rover mini classic x3
    austin allegro 1.0l
    austin allegro 1.3hl
    austin allegro 1.7hls
    vandenplas allegro
    rover metro
    toyota townace
    I'm pretty disappointed to see that copen are no longer being imported. I've had my 04 reg 660cc for a few months and have been very impressed with it. Its actually much better than i'd expected - i was therefore considering updating to a new or nearly new 1.3 later this year.

My car is immaculate with no rust issues and just 25,ooo recorded so i don't need to change -however is the 1.3 much better?

Has anyone experiance of both?

2. copenboy

copenboy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Citroen C5
    I've taken a 1.3 for a longish test drive a couple of times now and both times I was glad to jump back into my 659cc beast.

The 1.3 was less frenetic, less manic...and for me it felt less involving because of it. It's no doubt quicker, but again because you haven't got that all-or-nothing power delivery of the turbo engine it didn't necessarily feel any quicker to me. And I missed the turbo whine from the engine when I was in the 1.3.

All that said you get a 5 year warranty with the newer ones, they're much cheaper to run (tax and fuel and servicing), and I think the quality of the leather on the newer models is far superior to the paper thin stuff in mine!

3. ExigeMe

ExigeMe Copenworld Newbie

Which one sounds better?