1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.3 k3ve from gtvi sirion

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jimmy, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen, Daihatsu mira, Daihatsu Move, SA310 Suzuki Swift, VX Holden Commodore
    Im in Australia and have bought a gtvi sirion I am going to put that engine in the copen. I know that it has been done before and have been trying to find some pictures or a write up from someone else that may have done it in the past. I haven't had much luck in finding much info. I have only found the guy that has his old for sale add's from when he did his and a you tube form the person who bought it. It actually has been helpful with the location for power steering pump. Other than that I have not found much at all. Any help on where to find such info would be fantastic. I'm not asking for a step by step but information makes things a lot easier. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. jcuyckens

jcuyckens Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Volvo XC60 2015
    Toyota Corolla 2004
    Rover 45 V6 2005
    Daihatso Copen 2006
    BMW R850RT & R850R
    Yamaha GTS1000 1993
    Dear, it is not only the mechanical parts, bolted on the motor base, but also wire boom and ECU. Possibly if you transplant the wire boom and sensors, it will work due to the fact that our ECU is self adjusting. Measure the hight of the cilinder head, for the 1.5l this was 2.5cm higher and clashing with the engine compartment hood requiring to lower the subframe. Regards Joost.

Jimmy likes this.
  3. copenforbusiness

copenforbusiness Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen, CRV, Estima
    Hi @Jimmy,
    Can I ask, what engine does your Copen have? is it the .66 turbo one? By the sounds of it, you are trying to replace this with a whole new 1.3 version. This is what they did in the UK with Copens, they started selling them with the original 0.66 turbo and after 2006 they only sold them with the 1.3 non-turbo version.
    If you still want to do this, it can be done but this is very complicated as mentioned in this post.
    The guy I bought the replacement 1.3 engine from, a while back, wanted to do that. He was very good with mechanics but this proved to be a mammouth of a task. He ended up giving up and selling the parts he had purchased for the replacement.
    Saying that, please let us know what you'll end up doing. This would increase our knowledge of Copens a lot...
    Good luck!

Jimmy likes this.
  4. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu copen, Daihatsu mira, Daihatsu Move, SA310 Suzuki Swift, VX Holden Commodore
    yeh I have the 660cc and well the engine is out of the sirion donor car I will put new rings and gaskets through it before it goes in the copen but It will be done. Yes it will be a challenge but it's not as if it hasn't been done before I think the fitment will be the easy part with the wiring the challenge. With that said I have the whole wiring from the sirion with immobilser, ecu and key etc. Peaople have been putting the k3 engines in L700's here for years so I cant imagine it will much harder than that. Will let everyone know of the progress as it goes.

5. copenforbusiness

copenforbusiness Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen, CRV, Estima
    Pictures, take loads of pictures!!.... please.... :angel:

Jimmy likes this.
  6. ronalddoes

ronalddoes Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    2004 Copen 659 cc, 2009 Sirion 2 1000cc, 2010 Subaru Justy 1000cc
    Also: once it's finished please rent it out to visiting CopenWorld-members. Sounds like a ton of fun to drive!

Jimmy likes this.
  7. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I will do so far I have only taken out the sirion engine and going through and labeling all the wiring in the sirion b4 it comes out.

8. Jimmy

Jimmy Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    I thought I had better update on this project. The copen got hit by another car a couple of months ago and so the project has stopped. It will be fixed under insurance and we are still waiting on parts to arrive from Japan. After this happeneing we have decided to leave the copen as is with the jbdet and then if something happens to the jbdet we will then look at the conversion, but until then the project is on hold.