1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.3 battery?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by froggguk, Nov 8, 2015.

1. froggguk

froggguk Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen 1.3, korando diesel, toyota lj70
    trying to source a battery for my 2007 1.3 copen...believe still has original battery,200mm long ...fleebay suppliers lists 033/156, which at 238 long is about 30mm too long for the steel tray/frame-after a search I've found 054 which,at 187,is a bit short...any comments?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. froggguk

froggguk Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    copen 1.3, korando diesel, toyota lj70
    054 yuasa from mill auto :)

3. dinko

dinko Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    You are very lucky to have a battery that has lasted so long. Our 09 1.3 Copen consumed 3 batteries under warranty the last battery was a German Varta which was better than the other two. After 5 years had a Excide one fitted with 5 year warrant and have had no further problems. Garage did report a drain from the battery which they traced to the immobiliser which they could not fix. Our car would refuse to start after standing for more than a week. Now no problems. Only other way is to disconnect the battery if the car is to stand for some time. But this could cause problems with insurance company. As this appears to be a very common problem I am sure someone out there has solved this.

4. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Assuming the battery tray is the limiting factor, and the tray is the same size as the 660cc, then the Bosch 0092S40180 battery will fit. The Bosch is a 40 Ah, 330CCA, battery with the correct JIS terminal types that come without the little post sleeves. The Excide batteries EB456 and EA456 do not fit the 660cc.

@dinko - Happen to have the model number for the excide you have?

5. dinko

dinko Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    EXCIDE BATTERY. Model EA386. 38AH With correct size terminals.

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Ahh! I saw that one when searching on the Excide site by dimensions - decided to go with the Bosch as I knew it'd fit... the previous batteries before the 2 shit halfords ones was a Bosch.