Take-off Magic Tank

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bemused, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Bemused

Bemused Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen
    Take-off Magic Tank and uneducated turbo system ramblings

Stumbled on this but not really sure what it is or exactly where its installed.

Now I may be totally wrong here and are not familiar with turbo systems but what I managed to piece together this morning is it looks like the Copen DB Det suffers from a little pulsating on the waste gate port control line. This is the turbo pressure outlet but the control line is dumped to atmosphere by a small valve (VSV valve?) The VSV is under ECU control and is of a modulating principle (rapid off / on switching) The pressure in the waste gate control line via the modulating VSV is not damped leading to fluctuations and not ideal pressure. The Magic Tank I think sits somewhere in this VSV section and damps the pressure fluctuations. A knock on effect of the Magic tank install is a sight delay in the waste gate opening leading to more usable turbo pressure (2.84 psi) and hence power.

The Magic tank also looks to have a valve maybe it bleeds some waste gate control pressure away?

Its all seems either Japanese text or poor translation coupled with what looks like difficult UK purchasing, but it also looks eminently DIYable with a coke can, some copper tubing and solder!

Any of your thought or education on this matter would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Tony

Link to Magic valve
    auto-craft | Rakuten Global Market: TAKE-OFF takeoff «magic» Copen L880K (Daihatsu JB-DET engine only)

Extract from Take-off page
    ■ product overview ■

◆ realize smooth and sharp acceleration!
    ◆ in the entire power and torque increase!
    ◆ the turbocharger durability up!
    ◆ adjustable boost pressure adjustment! (Possible kilo up to approximately 0.1-0.2)

Turbo car lot we control boost pressure in stock parts say "VSV". And "VSV" temperature is low or low boost pressure during rapid acceleration or, depending on vehicle condition or situation received a signal from the computer and operate part. But "VSV" structure on the operation was experiencing pulsating pulsating and open and close west gate valve to control the boost pressure of the turbocharger to wiggle, smooth acceleration is missing, causes power loss at high revs. May occur when unpleasant sound intermittent pulsation from the air cleaner. We can obliterate even the noise is uncomfortable at the same time greatly reduces pulsating if you install "magic tank' and get a smooth acceleration and power. For the stable movement of the West Gate, movements of the turbocharger is up also reduced durability.
    Models * some not equipped with VSV. , Such as ( Suzuki F6A engine
    * It can't be installed on external products boost controller pads.
    * Install a perfect drive is available.

2. miller

miller Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Evo 1RS, E28 M535i
    We have a pressure tank in the Intercooler pipework on the Early Evo's...ie mines a 1992 Evo 1. Its the first thing we ditch as its just another item to be pressurized if I'm reading it right. More stuff to be pressurized = more lag. Okay on a 660cc lag wouldn't be as noticeable as say an Evo where 2500-3500rpm lag makes a massive difference! I know mine at 330bhp made a big difference.

3. Bemused

Car(s):
    Copen
    Thanks for chipping in but I don't believe the Magic Tank is in/for the combustion air circuit. It's in the waste gate diaphragm control line about 1/8" bore!
    I have far from got my head around this subject and could easily be wrong here.

4. Bemused

Car(s):
    Copen
    I got three pictures.
    First is a sketch showing the Magic Tank install instructions.
    Second is a Magic Tank installed.
    Third is where I think it should be on the waste gate system.

Could use some advise here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bemused

Car(s):
    Copen
    So now we know a good approximation of the size of the tank and the and internal pipework by some simple scaling, just unsure of why the internal pipes are perforated or size of perforations.

[​IMG]