1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio upgrades question

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Crystal copen, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Crystal copen

Crystal copen Copenworld Member

Hi, first post!

I've recently bought a new headunit for the GF's Copen, the wiring harness hasn't got the ISO connectors attached so ill have to solder on a new block.
    I'm not keen on cutting the cars stereo loom so would rather just get the block off ebay, then solder on the head units wires and connect it up. Which one of these would I need for a 2005 car please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-36-4-...1?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2572342529

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CT20UV01-...2?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item23225da2b2

Speakers! I've done a quick search but can't find a definite answer, what's the size on the door speakers please? Will 6.5" be a direct fit? I think there's only the mids and tweeters in the car?

Thanks Crystal

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
  3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    I bought my ISO adaptor of eBay too. It's that long ago I can't remember which one it was.
    Best to just pop the radio out to check. It's very easy. See the how to in the Features tab at the top of the forum.

5. Crystal copen

Crystal copen Copenworld Member

Thanks for the replies, fingers crossed it'll be dry tomorrow so I can whip the door cards off and take some measurements, then get a better look at the connectors.

I've got some speakers lined up and my old Alpine amp...not sure where to fit it though, might try under the seat or behind it?