1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roof not working properly

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Penelope Pitstop, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Penelope Pitstop

Penelope Pitstop Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf
    Hi on my introductions page I mentioned a roof issue where the roof blind needed to be slotted in and out each time I wanted to lower the roof, even though it was in place to start with, Rex was super helpful with advice and Too Copen asked me to post the result so...

I thought I'd let you know the dealer seems to have established today that it wasn't the switch on the roller blind in the boot after all but the boot lid itself. One side was not closing flush (I mentioned when I dropped it in that one side had a bigger gap than the other) so it seems the car thought it was still open, so it wasn't the action of putting the blind in and out that was making it work but they think it was the open and closing of the boot...
    I haven't picked her up yet so fingers crossed they have sorted her :)

2. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    that's interesting - given that the boot actually closes itself for you ( that seems to impress my friends for some reason).

3. Penelope Pitstop

Penelope Pitstop Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf
    Yes it was the boot closure that was the issue, it still made the pulling noise so appeared to be ok but one side always had a bigger gap than the other. Now all sides sit square and are equal the roof it going up and down a treat :D!