1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wet day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bluebird32, Mar 4, 2015.

1. bluebird32

bluebird32 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    daihatsu copen turbo
    Hi al capon owners just sold my cappuccino for a more refine drive. I don’t normally drive me cappo in rain but Thursday rain all day had to put me wets on the dam cappo was leaking through the door the roof I would have been better of taking off the roof . Driving m25 felt like driving under water anyway got the copen 2 previous owners both o.c.d. One problem did find with car in boot pool of water no fish? even though car has been garaged all the time any one got idea what’s cause. Thank you for reading

2. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    Cause of wet boot is normally the seal around the bootlid brake light. Options are replace the seal, or use a sealant.

3. bluebird32

Car(s):
    daihatsu copen turbo
    water in boot

Thankyou binz i will try that

4. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    No water in my boot any more

My Brake light doesn't leak (tested with watering can experiments last year) but boot gets wet if I park it facing uphill - took ages to work this out :(
    Parking this year facing downhill and no water ingress at all :) I think the water gets in at the top corners of the boot where it meets the bottom of the window.

5. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    keep in mind that once it's in the boot it can creep into the main car - behind the seats by osmosis.
    had to put paper behind the seats with bricks on for a few weeks before I managed to totally dry mine out.

6. magsjm

magsjm Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    COPEN & KIA SORENTO
    Hi, I had the same problem with mine, I replaced the brake light with a clear one which came with a new seal,I thought this had cured it but now and then I still find water under the carpet, I have also noticed heavy condensation on the underside of the boot lid usually after a cold damp night, I will fit insulation to the underside of the lid and see if this helps.
    I had a similar problem with an aluminium roof on my shed once and fitting insulation prevented any further condensation from forming, so hoping for the same result.

7. bluebird32

Car(s):
    daihatsu copen turbo
    do you keep your car in garage

8. magsjm

magsjm Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    COPEN & KIA SORENTO
    Mine is kept outside in all weather.

9. Coolcarbon

Coolcarbon Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Q3
    C4
    BX
  10. bluebird32

Car(s):
    daihatsu copen turbo
    ta

nice one.; are you into moto gp

11. ct30

ct30 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hello I’m getting the condensation again now the weather is getting colder. What insulation did you get and how did you manage to fit this in? Many thanks