1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ScootyPuff

Discussion in 'Modifications' started by Number6, May 22, 2014.

1. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    She's down at the panel beaters now. He has promised to take lots of photos :)

2. Nedryerson

Nedryerson Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    Nothing to do with this thread !!

Copenistas,

I cant find the 'start a new thread button' so I'm jumping in here.

Today, whilst mowing the grass a chestnut or other hard object flew out and smashed the side window of the Copen.

I've managed to source a 2nd hand window from ebay for £24.00 and now Im looking for advice on how to remove the door card.

I've done a few electric window repairs in my time (Suggest you don't tackle the VW Bora under any circumstances) but any advice before I start would be gratefully received.

Ned

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Got bored and made this video - Copen Rider from a video I saw on Youtube

4. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I've bought 4x keys for a Daihatsu Move, 1 Copen key, and a Copen key fob.

I will report status on my project to combine the Copen key's transponder and metal key part, with the Move key, into a single combined unit. It looks possible, judging from Japanese sites.

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Update from the panel beater with regards to fixing the rust.

I'll be seeing her and hope to take photos. The A/C guy STILL hasn't gotten back with what parts he needs me to buy, after multiple requests.

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    The rust damage is rather extensive, particularly on the sills where they have been eaten from the inside out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She should be back on the 5th of December. The keys I ordered also came, but I'll need to wait until she's back before I can play with making an integrated key

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    The A/C dude has gotten back and confirmed that the compressor needs to be replaced. A brand new one has been bought and will be shipped.

If it's not the compressor that's gone, I'll be mighty pissed.

8. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Got her back from the panel beaters yesterday, and this morning the battery is flat... Even drove her for a good 20 minutes after getting her back from the panel beaters to top off the battery.

Currently awaiting breakdown assist, as my neighbours are unwilling to jump me, and my house mate isn't around with his car. In my previous house, back when I had the Pajero, the postman was more than happy to jump me :)

I hope to buy a solar trickle charger and jump pack from Maplins later, to help prevent this happening in the future.

9. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Got a jump from the breakdown dude, who also ran a tester on the battery. Voltage was fine, but the battery had gotten so flat there was no chance of reviving her using a long trickle charge.

Drove to Halfords and bought a jump starter pack (50% off when you do reserve it online!) along with a new battery. Installed the battery in the car park in about 10 minutes.

Normally I wouldn't buy a Halfords own brand battery as I prefer Exide, but it got me out of a pinch and comes with a 3 year warranty.

10. Nedryerson

Nedryerson Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    Ah!

That explains a lot. Ive had endless problems with my battery and i'm now guessing its because before I bought it it had been standing for 12 months and rarely used. It could have one into deep discharge and there is no way back from that. Anyhow, got a new battery now and all is good.

11. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Yeah, 12 months is not great for a battery. If she is in a garage with a window, perhaps you should pull the battery out and stick a small solar charger on it. It should keep the battery topped off enough for a year.

12. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Plastidipped my engine cover red after spraying brake cleaner on it by accident. Don't spray brake clean on painted items - it will decolour the paint.

Took an entire can of Plasti, and it's still very dark, so might put another can on her tomorrow - we'll see what it looks like in the sun as opposed to the dark car park.

Speaking of plasti, the roll over bars took an entire can of plasti and are still holding up very well. I'm impressed!

13. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    I was using Facebook to display all the images on this thread. Since they've rejigged their DNS it broke all the images, so I've moved them to my own domain.

A/C dude fixed the A/C - it *was* the compressor, and two of the pipes had massive holes in them. He put a lot of dye into the system, should it start leaking.

At the same time, the panel beaters fixed the last few things - mainly the boot and front bumper.

Boot
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    It's a bit hard to see, but there's rather a large dent. There is also lots of residue from when I debadged her.

During:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bumper
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    During:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    Nice prep work - nice paint booth!

15. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    The Copen is just narrow enough to fit in whilst leaving room to walk around with the sprayer!

I'll take after photos this weekend when I'm playing with the scan tool / installing a cut off switch - I'm very impressed with the now black licence plate surround (was the old UK plate). Sadly, the silly goose screwed the licence plate back on so it looks a bit weird.

She's now fully de-badged as well, to add to the mystique.

16. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Battery replaced, again. It was as flat as a pancake this morning. Thankfully, I had a fully charged jump start pack.

Also replaced the front wheels today with bridgestones.

17. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Done a LOT of small things today with ScootyPuff
    1. Installed K-Takeoff Seatbelt Guides
    2. Installed a Solar Charger
    3. Replaced Bonnet Stay clip (anyone elses broken?)
    4. Installed an AirCon housing with filter

Videos of the seatbelt guides, solar charger, and aircon filter are being processed as we speak.

The bonnet stay clip was the hardest in terms of grunt work, and I wish I took a video.

18. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    She's down at the mechanic today - getting
    1. Braided brake hoses to replace the rubber ones
    2. Oil & Filter Change
    3. Steering wheel replaced
    4. Fan belts replaced (A/C, Power Steering, Alternator)

19. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Installing the AirCon filter housing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9u-PxHsSs0

The filter housing's part number is 88980-97201. The filter's part number is 88568-97201, but you're better off just searching Yahoo Auctions for an L880 filter.

20. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    *sigh* The end of the connectors for the HEL braided brake hoses I bought are wrong - the inner part of the connection is female, and the nut that sticks on the mounting bracket is too small.

Hopefully the eBay seller will get on to me soon about it.