1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for my 1st Copen 1.3

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by c_edwards001, Aug 28, 2014.

1. c_edwards001

c_edwards001 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Hello Ladies & Gents,

I'm in the process of searching for my 1st Copen and am looking at the 1.3's. Can anyone give me any advice on what to look for when choosing my car.
    Which are better, the 0.7 or the 1.3? Any advice for finding my 1st Copen is much appreciated. Many Thanks.:)

2. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    The .7 are cheaper to buy because obviously they are older. However f you can get a 1.3 they don't need the 3000 mile oil changes and no risk of expensive turbo failure.
    They are better on fuel, you pay lower road tax and they accelerate faster with a higher top speed. There is a buyers guide on here have a search for it.
    A big problem with Copens is rust particularly around the wheel arches. It's is difficult and expensive to get rid off properly. Again there are threads on here with stories of rust removal and prevention so it's worth having a search.
    Best of luck with findings a Copen you like. Let us know how your search goes.

3. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    to get rid off! :rolleyes:

one problem with the 1.3 that I don't know about the .7. is that you can get elderly owners who race .7 Copens to get power kicks! Although thankfully they are not common :D

the turbo might be a more fun racy drive with the higher revving turbo. The 1.3 is a little more sedate but still good fun handling.

4. c_edwards001

c_edwards001 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Thanks both. My car finishes on Ebay tomorrow evening and looking at around 5.5k. That money will then be for my Copen. I've seen a nice Grey 1.3 Copen 34k on the clock in Sheffield. Will be a long drive from Wales but worth it I'm sure. Will keep you posted.

5. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    The regular advice is to look at a few before you buy. Of course, if you live in a Copen-populated area where you can get round a few that's great. For you in Wales and me in the northern wilds that's maybe not so easy. I got lucky - spotted a peach of a Copen on a sale in Colwyn Bay last October and reckoned it was worth the risk of a long journey - result! :D :D :D

Good luck with your journey to your first Copen - when you get the one you're going to share the next part of your life with, boy! you won't regret it! Loads of people talk about that permanent grin on your mug ... they're not wrong! :D

Good luck and keep us all posted....