1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!!

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by fraz1010, May 15, 2015.

1. fraz1010

fraz1010 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 0.6
    Hi, my wifes little baby isnt well, not running right, some misfiring etc, ive clean everthing, put petrol cleaner in, but i think ive traced it to one of the ignition coils, great a easy fix.:D However finding coils for the 2004 0.7 is like finding the lost ark.:mad: Ive tried 1st choice spares, ive tried a couple of people on ebay who are breaking them, but no luck, so my question is does any know how to get these bloody things :think:or will the copen1.3 coils work or any or daihatsu coils, ive looked at the Terios 1.3 coils they look the same shape, size and plug but at £75 a pop i want to make sure they would fit before buying.

any help would be great, we love our little copen and now the weathers getting better we want to be blasting around the country not looking at it on the drive.

cheers

2. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    Don't panic, Normally in this type of coil it is the rubber down tube part at fault. Not always though.

You can pop it off, clean both end of the metal conductor rod and stretch the spring out and they live again.

I think the 1.3 coils have the same heads, but the down tube is a different length - don't quote me on this because it was a while ago last time I did some swapping about for a 660cc. You can easily swap the down tube. Just buy a second hand one to try.

3. fraz1010

Car(s):
    Copen 0.6
    Thanks for the info, i shall give that a go and report back.

;)

4. fraz1010

Car(s):
    Copen 0.6
    Hi, still no joy, clean the coil packs but car running like a bag of bollocks, tried a universal coil off ebay, rubbish completely wrong size. So back to stage one, car sat on drive needing a simple part that cant be found anywhere. Does anyone know of any other fcoil packs that will work in a 0.7 2004 copen? Surely daihatsu or other jap cars makes used similar ignition coil packs that would fit in my copen!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Is it not worth taking one off the scouring the scrap yard for a similar one?

6. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Sorry, but that made me laugh.

The coil pack's part number is 19070-97206-000 or 19070-97206 (660cc). Looks like the Move also uses the same coil pack. IIRC, the Move was a Jap only car, so would be rarer than the Copen. I've not found an analogous Toyota part, which is very annoying.

Did you poke impartsb46 on ebay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/impartsb46 )? What about Cattermoles of Ipswich?

Failing those two chaps - Yahoo Auctions Japan, and our man Streeter. http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j343626913

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Is the ECU throwing any diagnostic codes? I imagine "misfire on cylinder BLAH"

8. fraz1010

Car(s):
    Copen 0.6
    Hi, thanks to those who replied, i think ive sorted the problem, managed to get hold of a set of 4 coil packs from a copen that was being broken, £100 for all 4, which considering id be quoted £150 for a new one and i could only find one in all the uk or £175 each ito ship in from jap, was a bargain plus i put in a new set of NGK iridium sparks and the copen is dancing along better then ever, do for now everyone is happ:D:D:D:D:D

9. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    Did you figure out if all four of them are fucked? Might be able to get some return on investment by selling the "good" ones - or at least holding on to them if someone else on here has the same issue.