1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2003 copen air filter

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by booboo, Jan 25, 2015.

1. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi all tried to get the air filter replaced and I have been informed that Daihatsu have ceased producing them. Therefore nil available in Australia. Has anyone change air filter systems or using aftermarket air filter based on original specs?
    Cheers:-((

2. tictac

tictac Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 2004
    Prius 2006
    Hi booboo, I purchased 2 air filters from micksgarage (in UK) via ebay and including shipping to Melbourne they cost about $50 each. Good deal I reckon, given the Toyota-Daihatsu dealer here quoted me over $100 each and only one left in the AUS warehouse at the time. There are other sources on ebay for original size (I think a brand might be Blueprint), also some aftermarket filters with larger inlet opening in the top (D Sport brand) but they are more expensive. Not sure if that makes much difference, given the turbo will suck air through anyway. Others on the forum have used the D Sport brand and might like to comment. Cheers

3. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Copen Air Filter

Thanks for that tic tac I checked that out myself and found Micks garage online and yes they have the filters but presently out of stock; they quote to different horse power engines 64 and 68 bhp but I think the filters are the same for both. Next thing is that they'll stop producing the oil filter and who knows even the turbo. Hopefully not. On another subject I managed to find a space saver wheel that I keep behind the passenger seat 14 inch so keep that in mind if you use the Copen frequently or long distance. cheers Mike

4. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    You can grab a D-Sport air filter at

http://autostyle-usa.com/?pkey=item_info&i_code=DST86214120001&

Fits in the original air box - I grabbed one last year.

The original oil filter is still available from Toyota Australia dealers for about $15 or $16 - I grabbed two from SciFleet in Brisbane last year (well the one who still stock Diahatsu parts - there's a list if you Google).

cheers
    grunt

5. jez77

jez77 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2003 Daihatsu Copen
    2000 Toyota RAV4
    What car was the space saver wheel out of? It sounds like a good idea for a longer trip

6. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    space saver

it was found in the back of a tyre company stock, perhaps someone forgot to put it back but they think it may be a daihatsu sirion; but who knows

7. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    MicksGarage is Irish, not British :) They stock the Nipparts air filters and blueprint. They do not stock the "correct" aftermarket oil filter for the Copen - Mahle OC487. I have asked them to get it multiple times... If more people ask, they probably will get them in stock.

I have a D-Sports air filter, I think it cost me about 10EUR

8. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Air Filter

Yes the DSport looks very tempting but to get it to Australia they want $135.00; I think that is a little too pricey for an air filter. What a painful experience I've looked at all available filters and the cost of importing them brings the price over $100. However I just managed to buy one off ebay for 68.00 imported made by blueprint. Hopefully its the right one part ADD62225. Now I've been told that Toyota Australia have stopped importing all serviceable parts. Oh well not to worry I will persevere since the Copen is still in new condition with only 60k Black Red leather 2003. Cheers Michael

9. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Unfortunately Micks Garage is out of stock of 660 cc air filters and only the 1.3lt are shown but incorrectly I think are stating that the filter is suitable for vehicles 2002 onwards.

10. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    A quick look at Yahoo auctions has the price for a D-Sport air filter as 5k Yen. If we add in a 1k commission, and 2k for postage, we get 8,000 yen.

8000 JPY == 75 EUR == 110 AUD == 57 GBP == 85 USD.

Blueprint ADD62225 should fit.

Other filters are:

Japanparts FA-619S
    NPS D132U09
    Nipparts J1326025
    AMC DA-7605
    Japko 20619
    Muller PA3527
    Knecht LX 20002
    Ashika 20-06-619

MicksGarage were selling the Nipparts filter for €13.42 . I think I got one of the last ones

11. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    MicksGarage have informed me that the Nipparts filter will be back in stock next week :)

12. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    K&N Filter Apollo

Thanks for that, I was thinking of changing to an Apollo K&N encased cold induction filter which I think is small enough to place where the other filter is placed. That way I don't need to keep hunting around again, however K&N Apollo filter replacements aren't cheap either.

13. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    No, they're not, but seeing the cost of blueprint filters it may be more economical in the long run - iff the price is the same as 2 or 3 blueprints.

14. booboo

booboo Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Air Filter Arrival

Hey guys received the air filter from Japan and it is a Blitz brand, fits perfectly and looks great. It seems to be made of a metal material instead of paper so it certainly reusable and its blue in colour. The price was quite good too, it only cost AUD $68 to import it and quite a solid filter for the price.