1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally got one

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hiramscodd, Nov 21, 2014.

1. hiramscodd

hiramscodd Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    The search ended today ,after viewing a few i bought one on the doorstep which was the oldest ive seen.

53 plate only 43 thou and been mechanically very well looked after ,lots of history and past receipts which i like to see.

There is a tiny bit of corrosion starting on the rear arches ,but nothing compared to some ive seen.

The paint is a bit flat ,but everything else is fine ,all electrics work ,its even got the original air compressor a Tyre repair kit and a new can of tyre weld repair.

Weather permitting im going to attack the paint with the machine polisher this weekend.

Just ordered 2 gal of wax oil and will do this shortly.

Ill post a few pics up of the ongoing work

2. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Hey, well done hiramscodd - great that you've found a car that matches your criteria. It's always worth taking your time over such an important decision and easy to let your heart run away with your head! Yup, looking forward to seeing how you get on with your 53-plater.

Have fun! :D :D :D

3. hiramscodd

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Thanks Jules ,never know i might pass you on the way up to our caravan up your way in Silloth.

Im sure ill be taking the long way round now through the lakes:D:D

4. hiramscodd

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Machine polished it today ,seems better but not perfect Black isnt the best color for polishing though.

The paint is a bit wonkey where the window wipers are is any one elses like this?

Had a quick drive round with the top down as well it was great:D:D and with the heater on also seats on it wasn't to cold either.

If the weather is good tommox we are planning a drive through the trough of bowland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bad paint ?
    [​IMG]

5. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
    Looking good hiramscodd! Good decision to buy a Copen. Enjoy!

By the way, if you're looking for a name for your car, looking at the number plate you could call it "kobza" which is Polish for bagpipes!! :D:D:D:D

6. JulesAtCumbria

JulesAtCumbria Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2009 (59) Copen
    Badger - you've done it again - had me in stitches that! Bagpipes indeed ... where on earth do you learn all this stuff?? :think:

hiramscodd hope you have a lovely trip out tomorrow - weather's looking not too bad. Silloth, eh - just up the coast from me and where Cumbrians traditionally took their summer holidays, arriving at the station with cries of "Lowp owt!" Yes, when you're next up give me a shout and I'll PM you my phone number and it'd be great to meet up.

Have fun!! :D

7. Old Badger

Old Badger Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    2004 Copen
    2016 Honda HR-V
  8. hiramscodd

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    Brill !!!

Hoping the rust prevention starts tommorow.If i get on with its ill post some pics up:)

9. threepot

threepot Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, Hijet, Celica, and Yaris!
    They look awesome in black on gold wheels and red leather. Jealous ;)

10. hiramscodd

Car(s):
    53 plate black copen
    transit
    cheers:D:D