1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by grunt, Apr 22, 2014.

1. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    Brisbane this time.

I'm a Cuore owner - and hopefully soon to be a Copen owner.

There's not too many to choose from down here (175 originally so I've read) - and I've taken a look at a couple of local examples with a few issues.

My plan now is to go further afield in my search to the southern states and the northern reaches of Queensland.

I found a lovely one in the online classifieds today that I was about to jump on a plane to go look at tomorrow - only to find it had sold over a week ago but the seller had forgotten to take it down off the site :(

Looks like a long return drive might be in my future (near future hopefully :)

cheers
    Grant

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Hi Grunt, welcome to Copenworld. Good luck with your hunt.

3. ClareL

ClareL Copenworld Veteran

Car(s):
    1.3 2008 Copen
    It will definitely be worth the effort. Welcome to Copenworld.

4. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    And I moaned about having to travel to Doncaster to buy my car. Thankfully I didn't have to fly there.:D
    Welcome to the forum Grunt.

5. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Yes, but anyone driving just 5 miles to Doncaster would moan!

6. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Ooh, now the Yorkies hate you as well.:D
    I bought the car from Bristol street motors wouldn't recommend them as a dealer to buy from. Had a few issues with them.

7. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    agreed - it is worth waiting for the right one, it is magic being an owner

8. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    tis on it's way - nearly

I finally found a good one - but it is literally as far away in Australia as I could find one - all the way over in Perth, Western Australia.

It should be on the delivery truck in the next couple of days - then an ETA of about 10 days to cross the country - this one was too far away to fly over and drive back :D

Lets hope it makes it in one piece....

9. Cayuga Duck

Cayuga Duck Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen,Holden rodeo ute, Kia Sportage, Kawasaki ZZZ1100
    Hey grunt, I have started the process to import ( low volume only) 1.3lt Copens from the Uk and expect to have the first 1 ( mine) here and through all approval in 6 months and the 1st of 5 for sale 3 months after that

10. Dinky2

Dinky2 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 Copen
    Hey Grunt did you find your Copen yet?

11. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    Hiya Dinky - I certainly did. I grabbed a 48,000 KM beauty from WA and had it shipped over.

I've spent the last 6 months getting goodies for it sent over from Japan. After I fit a few more hopefully over the Christmas break I might get time for a photo or two.

I bought my Christmas present to me last night on Yahoo Japan - a nice set of mufflers :)

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/d157802383

Merry Christmas !!!!!

12. Dinky2

Dinky2 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2005 Copen
    Great to hear that .. what colour? Mine has done 44k but met a wrecker who claims he has got one that he has JUST recieved a deposit on for $12,000--- He claims its only done around 15k.. Its a black one but he wasnt about to let me look at it.... He has wrecked 3 and sells parts .. I picked up a pump and toneu cover

13. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    Actually - there was a guy on gumtree with a black one with supposedly 30K Kms on it when I was looking for mine back in May.

He was in SA - and wouldn't reply to any enquiries ( I wanted to know if it was 30K kms on the car/chassis - or on the engine only - as I'd had a previous seller with a 180K car but a newer engine being all cagey about divulging the true story and selling his as a 40K car)

When I googled the SA guy he turned out to be a wrecker - and wouldn't respond - so I guessed it was just a bait advert or an old one that hadn't been taken down (plenty of those I came across in my search) and moved on to the next one in the list....

Mine is the Silver with Red leather combo that seems common in Oz - the sun finally came out today so I snapped a few pics. It needs a wash and to get my coilovers fitted when I get a break so I can lower it - maybe next week - I guess that's next year :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sparky

Sparky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Nissan Qashqai.
    Hyundai I40.
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Nice clean example that Grunt bet yer grinning like a Cheshire cat eh, love the wheels and is the rear drum painted red or is it a trick of the light ????

15. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
    Thanks Sparky - yes it took a while to find the right one - and I have it nearly how I want it to be :) It's a 2003 - but we're lucky over here there's no salting the roads so rust is almost unheard of.

No - rather than painting and then repainting rough drums I went with a set of Take Off brand f&r alloy covers - it'll be interesting to see how well the anodised finish holds up compared to paint - they're only a five minute job to remove if so. I didn't want old grotty drums showing through behind my new sparkly rims.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sparky

Sparky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Nissan Qashqai.
    Hyundai I40.
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Very nice them and much better then paint although with enough preparation you can get excellent results, have you got a link for them coz I'm having trouble finding them ?

17. grunt

grunt Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Audi A4
    2003 Copen 659
  18. Sparky

Sparky Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Nissan Qashqai.
    Hyundai I40.
    Daihatsu Copen 1.3
    Cheers for the links, one big problem though they'll seriously damage the bank account but what the hell we're only here once eh.

19. tictac

tictac Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 2004
    Prius 2006
    Grunt, I reckon the black car at the SA wreckers was probably legit. I got some parts from a SA wrecker and when I went there in Jan 2014 to collect my bits (was in Adelaide for a short visit anyway) they had a nice shiny black one on display in the foyer, looked in very good condition. They had about 4 damaged Copens that I saw, so they would be a good source for any missing parts.

20. Sweet Patootie

Sweet Patootie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    2004 L880
    Do you lnow of a mechanic in Brisbane who knows how to fix Copen roof mechanism

Hi Grant
    Just going back through some older posts and came across yours. I noticed your numberplates are Qld. I have just posted a message asking if anyone knows of a mechanic in Brisbane who knows how to fix a Copen roof mechanism. Do you know of anyone? Hope you can help, Sweet Patootie