1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook

Discussion in 'Copenworld Announcements' started by copenworld, Apr 5, 2011.

Should copenworld be on Facebook?

1. Yes! Yes! Do it now!

67 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. No. I don't think it's worthwhile.

31 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. Meh! I don't care one way or the other.

23 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    [​IMG]
    OK, here's a question for you all. Should copenworld be on Facebook?

I've considered setting up a Facebook account before, but I'm unsure whether it's worthwhile. Would it get used? Would it attract more members, especially younger people? Or would it just be too much and maybe have an adverse effect on forum usage?

Leave your comments, and tell me what you think in the poll!

2. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Facebook, not for me thank you, believe it could have, as you you put it, an adverse effect.

Everything has it's place, it's level and I believe that 'Social Networks' are just that!

Hope this helps.

3. smx

smx Copenworld Member

I appreciate its appeal to a wider audience etc. but i think young people should learn to look further than Facebook for proper info, i know i would.

Facebook seems to be turning it's self into the new AOL with it's own little micro internet.

By all means setup a page but link everything to the website and dont upload content straight to Facebook, that way it might get more people to come on over to the site and have proper conversations / threads and not just the Facebook txt speak one liners.

Rant over :D

4. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Well, I voted no.
    To me, Facebook is facebook, Twitter is twitter - every thing has it's own pros and cons, but I don't think it fits in with this site.

Could we end up with lots of one line posts? It would just make it harder to search for relevant information. I like to read all new posts, but if there were too many....

"If it's not broke don't fix it"

Rex.

5. jaspark

jaspark Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    copen
    Copen on Facebook? No~!

As Copen model has not been changed much since its born, we are not much interested in the appearance. We are more interested in the performance :)

6. nertman

nertman Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    57 plate copen
    Customised MGTF
    Nissan Terrano
    Suzuki GSR
    Kawasaki W800
    nert

we use both,our forum is used most but we do get some intrest via facebook,
    We use it mostly to host the hundreds of photos from events

Any free advertising can't hurt,

Just my two penny worth....

7. Adnan

Adnan Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Go for it.

I might be the odd one here but I would prefer it on facebook. But as someone mentioned it, link both the sites so nothing gets missed.

8. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

facebook might open it up to more people interested in copens, and also, its very easy to upload pics etc. so im for it -

9. Scareysue

Scareysue Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen Vivid
    why don't you set up a fan page for the Copen, and see what kind of response you get on Facebook? If it looks favourable link it to the Copenworld site. A fan page should be very easy to set up

10. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    I wouldn't be surprised if social networking eventually kills off traditional forums, so it can't be ignored as an option!

However, I would want decent integration between Facebook and copenworld at this point in time, and I don't think I can fully achieve that with the current forum software. I'm looking at the options, but it could be a while before I get the time to do it properly!

11. Jacques_D

Jacques_D Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Daihatsu Terios 03/2007
    KIA Sportage III 09/2011
    I don't like social networks because for me it's a form of "melting pot" with a lot of good and bad things, and for me (but I am an old man :D ) a forum has a better structure to organize informations.

12. Barji

Barji Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Citroen C1
    Facebook or not

Yes Facebook. I look for everything on there as well as all the usual searches. It'd be great to see our beloved little cars on there. Isn't seeing and being seen the whole point of the wind in your hair experience of owning such fun little cars.

13. Binz

Binz Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen (plus Kawasaki W650 and Honda CRV)
    there is a copen bunch on FB. But Copenworld.com is much better; you get great advice, plus all the manuals and buyers guide etc that have been uploaded. they can both coexist.

14. Lou

Lou Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Mini Cooper S soon to be replaced by Diahatsu Copen 0.7
    A Facebook page would be a great idea.
    I'm voting yes, as I have a FB app on my phone which I use all the time, but would only log onto the forum when at home in the evening.

15. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    If the Copenworld owner doesn't mind, I can help to setup & manage the FB page.

16. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    I dont know - i would quite like to keep my obsession hidden from my friends lol - also this sort of forum stops the majority of stupid posting, such as the 1000000+ post on how to put the back windows up.

17. joeleow

joeleow Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen (red) and Lexus IS250 (white)
    Well... it can be a closed group where non-members cannot see our posts. This is the same for the Singapore Copen group. I don't have any Copen posts on my FB too. ;)

18. Nedryerson

Nedryerson Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    0.66 Copen 2003
    Fiat 500
    I'm not for or against FB but what exactly would we get out of having a FB page ?

Properly informed I would be in a better position to cast a vote,

Ned

19. Nathan126

Nathan126 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 660
    There's already a page on fb that i have found many members on that, that are on here. Guess it would make us more of a community? fb and here.

20. alz2605

alz2605 Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    VW Golf TDi
    I don't really do Facebook. Don't understand the appeal of it. It causes so many issues in work with colleagues arguing over online disputes!

Think this Forum has missed the boat on it anyway & should leave it alone. I enjoy the exclusivity of our forum & the close network of members.