1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cayuga Duck, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Cayuga Duck

Cayuga Duck Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen,Holden rodeo ute, Kia Sportage, Kawasaki ZZZ1100
    Can anyone tell me what brand tyres were original fitment please?
    It is a requirement when importing a car into Australia that not only does it have to have the correct size tyres and wheels but they must also be the brand that the car was supplied with when brand new. The only tyres available here are Kuhmo, Bridgestone and Nangkang( or something like that) As my copen is still in UK I figure if necessary I could have a set sent with the car . Can anyone please tell me the part numbers for the1.3 Lt L/H & R/Hheadlight unit complete and the part numbers for the seatbelt a L&R . If they are the same as we have here in Oz it will save me about £ 2,000 in having them tested to see if they comply with Australian Design Rules.. Many thanks in advance to all who assist

2. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    bridgestone Potenza I believe.

3. alexb618

alexb618 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    mira L2, mira L5
    Rather than having them tested at great expense I would suggest ordering the parts from an AU Toyota dealer (they do Daihatsu parts here) and having them fitted to the car before you put it on a boat.

Importing cars to AU is very very difficult and there are a lot of hoops to jump through. When it arrives you will be up for a fair bit of customs duty, freight forwarding fees, dock fees, storage fees and also quarantine inspection and cleaning which is very expensive.

All the expenses you will have importing this car will probably add up to more than what you can buy a used copen for in AU and I am not joking...

4. Cayuga Duck

Car(s):
    Thanks for your input Alexb. I won't need to change headlights and seatbelts if the part no's are the same. We have already had some numbers that match.1 of the 2 guys assisting me brings cars into AU has quoted $AU3,100 to import inc all fees. The second guy is applying for RAWS status and reckons once done if parts no match it will be AU$1250 so should be about the same money they want for 2004 models(.7 lt) and I get a 2007 1.3 lt... Yes, it is fraught with danger. If you know anything I should please let me know.

5. Cayuga Duck

Car(s):
    Thanks for that... I appreciate it

6. alexb618

Car(s):
    mira L2, mira L5
    i just purchased a l502 halfcut which was cleaned and fumigated at the place of export and to get that released from my local dock to my house cost over $2000, and that does not include the pre-shipping cleaning & fumigation costs, or the actual shipping cost, or the cost of the actual item!

australian customs, quarantine as well as the freight forwarding companies and the state department of transport will do everything they can to make life hard for you, and they all want their cut. if you are able to get a quote for $3100 guaranteed at your house, i would say to proceed!

7. Cayuga Duck

Car(s):
    Thanks

What are you using the 1/2 cut for? Thanks for your input. If your looking to do any more importing please give me yell and I'll give you a couple of contacts. What state are you located in? Cheers

8. alexb618

Car(s):
    mira L2, mira L5
    i am in adelaide

my main tip regarding importing is do not under any circumstances use a company called globelink (based in melbourne)

i cannot give any further information as i currently have a civil action against this company