1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lotuseater, May 6, 2014.

1. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Morning All.

For interest - I bought 4 new B/stones for my Copen at the weekend - side walls were cracking, original ones and nearly 7 years old. (3 mm of tread remaining)

Supplied and all fitted, incl the VAT (with the removal of the 4 old ones) £236.96.

Local Tyre Store - Addison Tyres of Tipton.

Kind regards..

2. Your Majesty

Your Majesty Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    Copen, no other car.
    Thanks for the info Mr Lotuseater, good to hear of a useful local place. I got a new set two weeks ago from Formula One Autocentre in Blackheath for a similar price ( although they were pre-ordered from their website)

One interesting thing is that although they had the usual array of trolley jacks and lifts, they still asked if they could use the emergency jack that comes with the car. They said that there isn't safe jacking points underneath the car and their trolley jack doesn't have that groove in it which you can see on the top of the emergency jack - this groove holds the recommended jacking points on the body of the car (which are like a vertical seam at the bottom of the bodywork) and lessens the risk of the body bending which it could do if simply jacked up on a flat topped jack. It seemed to me like they were being over-cautious due to extra time it took them to fit the newly shod wheels but it was good to see how to use the emergency jack.
    Another thing is that they checked out the torque setting for the car and finished tightening the bolts with a hand torque wrench - fantastic! no worries about the bolts being over-tightened by one of those lethal air guns.

3. copencat

copencat Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    hopefully soon a new grey copen!
    good price!

on the jack note - they always use the air jack with my car as it is too low for the normal jacks