1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sump Plug 0.7

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Snowman001, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Snowman001

Snowman001 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi All,

yesterday i replaced half my exaust with a £150 one from ebay. It works just fine though it too me the whole day.

Anyway i wanted to change my oil and filter. Started on it today and stopped as the sump plug would not come off. Got the right tools etc and now i appear to have really blunted the damp screw.

I guess i can go to a grage and they will be able to get it off somehow but i will need a replacement. I have looked at ebay but the ones i find seem to be for the 1.3 versions. Might i also need a new sump?

Your thoughts are welcome

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  3. Snowman001

Snowman001 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen

Thank you mate i checked that thread but got to the copen part and thought that was the only thing. I have ordered it now from ebay.

I guess i could hammer a smaller socket onto the sump and then do it that way. Will wait till the new one comes!

4. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    couldn't get mine out either - bought the new official one from sg petch and had the garage swap it when doing an oil change for me.

5. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    Decent quality sockets usually cater for chewed nuts to a certain extent as they drive on the flats. Give your snap on man a call......... ;)