1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote (keyless entry) unlocks one door, not the other.

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by MidlifeCrisis, Jul 5, 2013.

1. MidlifeCrisis

MidlifeCrisis Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2003
    Hi, all,
    Just bought a new remote (transponder). It locks/unlocks the passenger door and the boot, but not the driver's door. I think that I can hear a noise from inside the door..as though something is happening...but the lock remains unmoved....
    It's a 2003 model...L880...don't know if this is relevant or not...
    Does anyone have any ideas? I am loathe to take it to the 'licensed' service centre, as they told me that I couldn't even code a new transponder to the car at all. 10 mins in this site gave me the answer...so I have my fingers crossed for some hint about this new issue.
    Many thanks.

2. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I would say this is more to do with the drivers door lock than the remote. I suggest looking at the wiring diagram to see if both locks are connected to the same point. Sorry, I'm on hols, so can't view then on my phone, else i'd have a look for you!

3. MidlifeCrisis

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2003
    Door lock trouble

Many thanks. I suspect that you are right in that it is probably a fault with the door itself. I had also thought that, as I think that I can hear something 'actuating' in the door, that it might be that the rod/wire that connects the little actuating motor to the locking toggle may have broken or come loose. Simple way would be to remove the door panel and look, but I am always hesitant to fiddle with things, in case I make it worse! I'll have a search through this site and see what I can find on removing the panel and find a wiring schematic. I believe that there is one on this site somewhere.
    Thanks for your help.

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
  5. MidlifeCrisis

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2003
    Many thanks, Adam.
    Looks simple enough. Hope these aren't famous last words!

6. MidlifeCrisis

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen 2003
    Update...took door panel off....the actuator actually does something when the remote button is pressed...and the little lock/unlock switch near the door release 'twitches' but does not enough to complete the lock/unlock function. Tried WD to lubricate the various linkages...no improvement. Can't actually see the critical area very well, even if the panel is removed. Will look for Service manual to see if there is a diagram of the mechanism.:think: