1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Copen for March 2010

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Aitch, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Aitch

Aitch Copenworld Newbie

I really want to order a new Copen for March 2010 but Daihatsu are not ordering any at present due to the pound being so poor against the yen. :-((

Please keep me posted if you hear of any unregistered Copens for sale. I have checked out the one on Ebay but really don't want another silver car.

My big dilemma is whether to go for red with black cloth or pearl white with red leather. All opinions welcome!

What a fab site this is, so glad I found it :)

2. copenworld

copenworld Copenworld Founder Staff Member

Car(s):
    Copen
    Hi there, welcome to copenworld!

I presume you're in the UK? It's not good at the moment for anyone wanting a new Copen, but I guess Daihatsu will have to start importing again soon. They need to sell cars!

Have you spoken to your local Daihatsu dealer recently? I'd be very interested to hear what Daihatsu are currently telling them. I suspect your best bet right now is to get friendly with your dealer and get them to keep you up to date with developments.

Good luck, I hope you can get your new Copen soon. Until then, feel free to ask any questions. We're a friendly bunch here, and will try to help any way we can.

3. copenworld

Car(s):
    Copen
    As far as i know, only silver, grey and red are currently officially available in the UK on new cars. Have at look at Daihatsu's UK website here for more information if you haven't already done so.

4. dk21

dk21 Copenworld Newbie

I suspect that the exchange rate between the pound and the yen will not improve anytime soon. If Daihatsu UK do import more cars they are likely to be more expensive. We can only hope they continue in the UK – it would be a great shame if we lose the Copen in the UK. The dealers must be having a very tough time.

5. Aitch

Aitch Copenworld Newbie

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am in the UK (Midlands).

Linda at Daihatsu HQ left me a voicemail only the other day (after I enquired on the Daihatsu website) and told me "Daihatsu are not importing any cars into the UK at the moment because of the the value of the pound against the yen. If I wanted to discuss this further with her, please call 0870 240 0848".

This was the same tale several months ago and at the time I was advised to call again after Christmas but unfortunately it looks like no change! :(

6. Aitch

Aitch Copenworld Newbie

Hi Rushmere,

I test drove a pearl white copen with red leather about a year ago at Bob Gerard dealership in Leicester. He had two in pearl white at the time. I know white is rare and it would probably be easier to find a red one.

The white is lovely but I had followed a red one whizzing down the M5 on my way to Devon and it was love at first sight! :D

7. copenworld

Car(s):
    Copen
    That's interesting. I know Daihatsu make a pearl white model for other countries, but they don't officially sell it in the UK at the moment. From your experience, it sounds like they do actually send them over here occasionally.

Please keep us up to date with any news you hear from Daihatsu. I'll post a news message on the front page as soon as I hear that they are importing Copens again!

8. machinehead

machinehead Copenworld Pioneer

I have to say, I really love the leather seats in mine. I'd go as far as to say I wouldn't buy a Copen without leather. Having said that, any Copen will be enjoyable.

M.

9. Aitch

Aitch Copenworld Newbie

Got one!

Hoo hoo, I have got myself a shiny (well not so shiny now with all this salt and grit on the roads) red 9 month old Copen with red leather.

I saw it on Ebay last weekend, viewed it at the dealership in Leicester on Monday and drove it away on Wednesday with a big smile on my face :)