1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a Copen virgin

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Sooby77, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Sooby77

Sooby77 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this ☺️ I've recently bought a 1.3 '09' plate, about 3wks ago, I absoultely love it, I've been wanting 1 for years & now I have 1 it puts a smile on my face , however there are some things that have got me baffled and I was hoping that some1 on here could help me n give me some advice,
    My roof was rattling to high heaven but I looked on here & read about turning the screws where the leaver of the catches are to release the roof, I did this & da da daaaaa it worked, however when I go over bumps etc there is a loud snapping sound in the roof, I have taken the roof off but no joy I can't see why it's making that sound???
    Also the radio which is very weird, when driving the radio is playin no probs but u pull up & ur stationary for about 5mins "if that" the radio seems to lose connection or something???? Very strange, has any1 here had issues? I would appreciate some experienced advice.
    Just so that it's known, even though I've found minor annoying little things, I'm still loving my lil car

2. DavidMatthewson

DavidMatthewson Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    A 1300 Copen in red of course!! That was the first - the second is blue/grey..

Based in Sussex in the UK
    Welcome - glad you are enjoying your Copen. I don't like the sound of a snapping noise... but it's a new one on me.

WRT the radio - is it the Clarion one? Bit cheap & cheerful but usually reliable. Sounds like a fault then.

D

3. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
  4. Sooby77

Sooby77 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Thx guys I'll check the radio out, also could you please tell me which is the best oil to use for my lil bundle of joy as I av been researching and I'm confused as to which I'm to use, 5w/30 5w/40 fully/semi synthetic, please help

5. Number6

Number6 Inactive User

Car(s):
    2005 0.7L Copen
    5W30. I use Castrol Magnatec fully synth.