1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How far can she go..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Faris sukor, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Faris sukor

Faris sukor Copenworld Newbie

Hi guys..I'm a copen owner in Singapore..just wondering how far can you drive your copen in a day..actually I'm planning on a road trip and guessing the trip will easily escalate to more then 500km..is it fine that I travel that far??mine is a 660cc car..Singapore is a small island so to travel that kind of distance worries me..

2. PauliePaul

PauliePaul Copenworld Regular

nah it will be perfectly fine as long as you have a decent copen thats been looked after you have nothing to worry about... when i got mine i drove it home 200 miles and it was fine i dunno how much 200 miles is in km but it could have easly done more if i needed to :cool:

3. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    That will be no problem. Just check your oil level & coolant levels before you go. When you get at your destination, just leave it to idle for a few minutes for the oil in the turbo to cool down before you turn it off. Have a nice trip.

4. dwayner

dwayner Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    A 2005 copen and a
    Camry Sportivo
    dwayner

Faris, we have the 600cc one also, and the same kind of humidy./ heat as singapore sometimes, and one summer we drove From Melbourne to adelaide, which is around 900km so its nothingm on an average speed of 110km per hour
    so its a breeze for it..

5. Pitti

Pitti Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    LHD Copen 1.3
    With 100-110 km you´r not really runnig the motor at high revs. even a long distance drive in Germany with top speeds of about 160-180 km would not really harm the motor. It´s important to let the turbo cool down a few minutes before you turn the engine off.