1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPS integration for JVC CD Receiver

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by boxingday09, Oct 3, 2011.

1. boxingday09

boxingday09 Copenworld Newbie

Hi All,
    anyone has a JVC KW-AVX626?
    It boasts to be navigation ready but i can't seem to find one in google which will work with it!

Any similar experience?

data-ad-format="auto">
  2. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I did fit a double din jvc with sat nav, but I wasn't very happy with it. Especially the sat nav operation.
    So I took it back and got a pioneer instead. Sat nav is okay, but still not perfect. Also map updates only come out every 18 months and cost £150. I think the dedicated units (Tom Tom etc) do a better job and are easier / cheaper to update.

Rex.

3. boxingday09

the issue is with the limited real estate of the Copen Dashboard! if i put in another dedicated device, i probably will introduce blind spots in front of myself! :(

4. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    Yea, I know what you mean!

Rex.

5. boxingday09

in the end i put in a dedicated gps still... very much more economical...

6. Rex

Rex Copenworld Pioneer

Car(s):
    Copen
    I think this is the best solution. Although I have a build in, I still keep my tomtom in the car - much better at finding Points Of Interests and far cheaper to update Also it seems to pick better routes!

I think 'built in' guys do not put so much R&D into their units, they know you are tied in once fitted - so can charge £150 for map updates, where as the stand alone's are continually being developed.

Rex.

data-ad-format="auto">