1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Driver's door won't unlock with remote

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by Natalie, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Natalie

Natalie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Hi
    my remote won't lock/unlock the drivers door, but it does lock/unlock the passenger door and unlocks the boot too. any ideas what it could be?

thanks

2. trustafox

trustafox Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Yes
    Can you open the door ok with the handle? so that the mechanism is freely working. If so then maybe its an electrical issue. Motor has failed or broken/rusty elecrical contact on that side/door

3. Natalie

Natalie Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Yes there's no problem with the handle etc. Just wont unlock with the remote. I thought it might be electrical too. I'll take a look on the weekend and see if i can figure it out. Thanks

4. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Hello Nathalie,
    Agree with Trustafox , should be a connection problem around lock motor in right door, or the motor itself.
    Do you have access to Copen Service Manual, available on this (marvellous :D) site ?
    So, if you open Wiring section, and open D-Circuit Diagram, you select D-29 page, you see that both motors used to open/lock left and right doors are controlled the same way, both together, circuit protected by the same fuse (15A - F19, following pages).
    It means, on my personal understanding, that connections around the motor, in the right door, has to be checked first.
    Please give us news of your action ;)
    Hello to everybody on the site :)