Over the last week or so I have noticed is a rubbery/plasticy overheating/burning smell in the car after it has reached normal working temperature. It is not coming from the engine bay or the boot but I have noticed a whiff of the smell around the front nearside wheel area. The tyre, bearing and brake assembly looks fine and I have checked the exhaust run has nothing stuck to it. There is no visible smoke and it`s the same whether the car is moving or stationary. Oil and water levels are fine and the car is not overheating. The car had it` 3rd year service and 1st Mot in January without any issues coming to light and there is less than 7K on the clock. The only comparable experience IV` had is the death throes of an electronic device on a motorcycle engine. Has anybody had a similar problem?