1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

body shop repaiers

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by RHD, Nov 2, 2013.

1. RHD

RHD Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Saab 9-3
    Can anyone recommend a good body shop repairer?
    As I need at some point to address the all familiar rust around the wheel arches. I want a top job done otherwise the bubbling will just come back.
    I live in the West Midlands.

Many Thanks

2. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    It might be a bit of a journey for you but i can not recommend andy marshall enough for the top job he has done on my copen, he is based in forest town mansfield, nott`s, check out the general chit chat forum " keeping the rust worm at bay " thread to find out his address and to see the pictures of the work that he put in to get my car back to A1 standard.:D
    If you dont get the inner arch repaired properly the rust will just keep coming back and back:eek:

I must remeber to take some photos now the car is finished,but it`s been to wet and windy:-((

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  3. RHD

RHD Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Daihatsu Copen
    Saab 9-3
    Thanks

Notts, isn't too far, How long do you think they'd keep car for? just a rough guess?
    All 4 arches have bubbling paint.
    I'll defo check him out if you say he's that good.

4. princess

Car(s):
    If you've looked at the thread i suggested, i replaced the front and rear panels and had complete respary. The panels were not cheap i think they where around £1100 inc VAT but i too had a small amount of rust on the inner lip of the front wings so decided to change them.. the rear quarters are were all the work is,welding,grinding etc.
    I think he had the car around 12 wks. i know that seem's a long time but we didn't need the car back in a hurry ( as i have 2 more:D).
    Andy is a very nice friendly and knowledgable man he can't do enough for you. nothing was too much trouble for him i could go round any time and look at what was happening ( not like some other firms!!!!!). If you want a top notch job doing please give him a call and tell him what car it is and see what he can do for you. He will probably need to see it of course!!. Tell him Dave told you about him on this forum..:D

5. user07

user07 Copenworld Newbie

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7, 2004
    Hello princess,
    I bought now also an old copen. The rost within the fender areas seems to be the biggest part to do. Can you tell me something about the part or partnumbers you ordered in your case? I then have to see what these parts will cost me here in switzerland.
    Thanks for your answer.

6. princess

Car(s):
    Hi user 07, I will have a look for the part numbers for the panel's and let you know. :)

7. princess

Car(s):
    Found the panel part numbers and the UK cost's:

FRONT WING'S------£240.19 each
    REAR QUATERS------£256.35 each

Hope this help's :D

8. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Hi RHD.

I used Douglas Motors (Stourbridge) Limited, or should I say Daihatsu UK used them.

I had to have a replacement bonnet under warranty a couple of years ago - since then all has been good and the workmanship was/is very good.

Douglas Motors (Stourbridge) Limited

Gainsborough Trading Estate
    Stourbridge,

West Midlands, DY9 7ND

Tel: 01384 374 860

Fax: 01384 371 499

Email: reception@douglasmotorsltd.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Regards.