1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

air filter source?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by dsb, Jun 7, 2014.

1. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    is there an ideal generic air filter or it another thing we have to buy the official part for?
    just that an online site offers me something for a tenner and the official one is something like 60 quid!

2. Lotuseater

Lotuseater Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    1.3 Copen
    Eurocar Parts do one.

Hope this helps,

3. DaG

DaG Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    An air filter is made from paper so they aren't very technical. I've owned a lot of cars and have never bought a manufacturers original, filter either oil or air. I've never had any problems with these pattern parts.
    In any case a pattern part should be made to the same spec as the manufacturers original. So save your yourself a few quid and don't pay silly money for something that will be no better than a copy.

4. TooCopen

TooCopen Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 0.7
    Hello everybody :)

Agree with DaG , air filter is not very "technical" so no problem to use a part or another if referenced as the part for the car.
    I changed my filter on my 0.7 few weeks ago, bought a MAHLE LX2002 : perfect :D
    I would not say the same for spark plug :cool:
    Have a good time wheel in the hands ;)

5. dsb

dsb Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen vivid
    thanks for that - just that with the oil filter business (buy a non official one, have trouble getting it out) I wanted to be sure i'd not have to take scissors to anything.

data-ad-format="auto">