1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aerial removal - how?

Discussion in 'Problems, Fixes, Tips...' started by dunf, Nov 27, 2013.

1. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    The radio aerial on the car was knackered when we bought it. It's not the removable antenna that's the problem (that would be too easy!) but the mounting on the qtr panel that's stripped out. Getting to the fixings on the inside is a 'mare because its double skinned, and it 'feels' like theres more than just the antenna mount stuffed in there. Has anyone ever removed this? I'm asking because I recall someone had the whole qtr panel off in another thread so may have a better idea what's going on behind.

2. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Can't you access it from inside the boot. If you move the carpet out of the way there should be large holes in the inner wing to access the back of the aerial mount. With all the boot mechanism in the way, you might be best to start the roof lowering procedure so the boot flips backwards out of the way. Stop before the roof moves. You should then get access to the clips that hold the carpet in the boot.

3. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    Done all that. They would be small holes that don't line up with the mount! Lol. That's why I'm asking.

4. Adam K

Adam K Copenworld Guru

Car(s):
    Nissan Cube Kaizen
    Okay, can't think of any other way to get to the mounting screws. Looking at the service manual section J4-2 isn't much help either.
    All it shows is an exploded view of the aerial.

5. princess

princess Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    just got our second copen 04 reg. we also have a brand new vw bettle!!!!
    Have a look at this thread. "KEEPING THE RUST WORM AT BAY" Page 6.
    I took some photo's when the quater panel had been removed,doesn't look like there's much access!!!....

6. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen
    Thank you. That's very helpful.

7. Toozalii

Toozalii Copenworld Member

Car(s):
    Copen 1.3
    Champagne Gold
    Hi Dunf,
    How did you get on removing/fitting your aerial, access etc???? as I'm thinking of fitting a replacement dab/fm aerial on the wing as the sticky window dab one that came on my Copen does not seem very good, poor digital signal with constant drop outs.

8. dunf

dunf Copenworld Regular

Car(s):
    copen

3yrs on and I've still not changed it! Lol. I don't drive the car, it's the wife's, so I think she's gave up moaning about not having a radio now..... I hope. ;)